Black berry 8800 üzerinde Dail modem oluşturma
You need the following before we begin:
- Blackberry 8800 (Most likely will work with any ATT/Cingular phone)
- AT&T Wireless Service with unlimited data plan (unless you like paying fees)
- USB connector cable
Okay, you’re ready to begin:
- If you have not already, download and install the Blackberry Desktop Software.
- Go to the Windows Device manager. Quickest way: Start > Run > devmgmt.msc
- Click + button next to Modems, double click “Standard Modem”
- Click the Advanced tab
- Enter this into the empty box (no leading space): AT+CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”wap.cingular”
- Hit Okay, and close device manager.
- Go to network connections. Quickest way: Start > Run >
Paste in the following line and hit enter:
- Click Create a new connection on the left, and follow these steps:
- Welcome to … Wizard –> Next
- [Select] Connect to internet –> Next
- [Select] Set up my connection manually –> Next
- [Select] Connect using a dial-up modem
- Type in a connection name of your choice (example: ATT dialup) –> Next
- Enter this as the phone number: *99***1# –> Next
- Enter user name (ALL CAPS): ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
- Enter and confirm password (ALL CAPS): CINGULAR1 –> Next/Finish
- Open the desktop manager and plug in your Blackberry via the USB cable. Make sure it detects the Blackberry as connected.
- Go back to your network connections window (step 7), and double click the new ATT Dialup icon.
- Your password, username, and dialup number should already be saved. Just click “Dial”
This worked for me on the first try. It will not incur extra charges to your Blackberry plan on AT&T as long as you have the unlimited data plan.
What kind of speed will you get with this? According to my bandwidth test, not much. It’s still very useful to check e-mail and do light web surfing. The speed clocked in at around 78Kbps which is slightly faster than a 56k modem.. ick.